This week we tried a burrito Casserole. I was a bit hesitant because the recipe requires cream of mushroom soup which seemed odd but it was so delicious!
I tried to remember to take pictures through the process but wasn’t as good about it as I planned on being.
This is another really easy recipe.
Here’s a picture of the final product
What you need:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 6 tortillas
- 1 ½ cups cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Brown ground beef until no longer pink in a medium skillet with onions
- Mix together taco seasoning ingredients if you are not using prepackaged.
- Drain meat and add taco seasoning and beans. Heat for about 5 minutes.
- In a seperare bowl mix together cream of mushroom soup and sour cream.
- Spread half of the sour cream and mushroom soup mixture in the bottom of a 13×9 glass baking dish
- Place three tortillas on top of mixture. You will probably need to cut or overlap tortillas to make it fit
- Cover tortillas with half of your beef mixture
- Top meat with 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat your sour cream and meat layer.
- Top with 3 tortillas and cover with cheese
- Place in oven for 20 minutes.
Beef, bean & onion mixture
You could always make it with chicken instead and even add some jalepenos or chiles for a kick.