This is another one that’s become increasingly popular since Pinterest.
I had a babyshower to go to for Marks brothers girlfriend this weekend. She likes elephants so naturally most gifts she received were elephant related.
I decided to do a string art hanger of an elephant for the nursery.
Here’s how it turned out
What you need
- Wooden board of some sort. I found this one at Hobby Lobby
- Stencil of elephant or whatever you prefer
- Paint if you want the board to be a different color
- Cardstock – I had 3 different colors to add dimension
- Adhesive Vinyl
How it’s done
- First I painted the board silver.
- Lay your stencil on the board where you what it and trace lightly with a pencil.
- Nail nails onto the shape. I left about ⅓ an inch in between each nail but it’s up to you.
- Tie string around one nail and begin threading the string around the nails. I ended up doing this about 3-4 times before I was satisfied with how full it turned out.
- Cut butterfly’s of different sizes out on each color of card stock.
- Cut initials or monogram out of vinyl with the silhouette. You could also probably just use stickers if you wanted to save time.
- Place letters where you want them.
- I wanted the elephant to look as if he was blowing butterflies out of the trunk so I placed them in that order and glued them down with tacky glue.
I think in all I maybe spent 1 -1.5 hours on it. His is a fun project with many options so play around with it before you settle on an idea.
Step by step pics.
After I painted the board. I used a silver sparkle paint from target so that it still looked like wood.