I knew I wanted banana muffins but was debating on chocolate chip or cinnamon sugar. As you can see, I went with cinnamon sugar and mmm they were delicious.
My husband has made a few comments about how unfair it is that he didn’t know I could make these sooner🙄 – let’s be honest, if he knew I know how to make most things I do, he would probably be at least 50lb heavier.
What you need:
- Two bananas peeled and mashed (this will work better the more ripe the bananas are)
- ⅔ cups of sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ⅔ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
You will also need 1/4 cup of melted margarine and a separate bowl of sugar and cinnamon mixed together to dip the tops of the muffins in after baking. ( I didn’t really measure for this part)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease muffin pan or fill with liners. I use a silicone pan to eliminate this step.
- Mix sugar, oil and eggs in a bowl until combined.
- Add in bananas and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon until mixture is moist.
- Pour batter into pan evenly through muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. It may take longer if you use a silicon pan.
- Allow muffins to cool and melt your butter in a small separate bowl.
- Dip each muffin too into melted butter and then into sugar and cinnamon mixture.
This is another easy one. Should take 20-30 minutes tops from start to finish and it leaves your house smelling so so yummy!