Wow I’ve been gone for awhile. I apologize. We got married, went to Thailand and found out we’re expecting shortly after. I promise I’ll do a wedding write up eventually.
Warning : The first trimester is NO joke.
Now that I’ve entered my second trimester I finally have an appetite and the energy to cook.
Yesterday I spent all day craving potato soup and unfortunately no one around was offering it so I decided to make some once I got home.
My husband was very hestitant about his one because he hates veggies. Little did he know I actually doubled the veggies for the baby’s sake 🙂
This is a quick recipe that is done in 30 min or less.
What you need:
- 3 diced and peeled russet potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ½ chopped white onion
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup butter cubed
- 2 cups of corn
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 2 cups of 2% milk
- Salt and pepper
- Put potatoes, carrots, onions and brother in a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil then lower the heat, cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Melt the butter in a separate, small sauce pan.
- Add flour to the butter and stir mixed well.
- Add salt and pepper to the flour mixture to taste.
- Slowly whisk milk into the flour mixture. Bring to a boil and stir until thickened.
- Add your flour mixture to the potato mixture. Then pour in cheese and stir until melted.
- Add ham and corn and heat for about 5 min or until heated through
I unfortunately didn’t get a picture but trust me this soup is amazing! I brought some for lunch today and already want more for dinner.
I used the food processor to slice the onions and carrots very thin because I myself am not a fan of carrots and it worked out perfect.
Let me know what you think!