I always ask my fiancé if he has any requests when I make the grocery list. 99.9% of the time his request is “Crackburgers” or what I call Philly cheesesteak stuffed bread.
I discovered the recipe a few years ago but I’ve adapted and made some changes along the way. This is a SUPER easy and delicious dinner!
What you need
- French loaf
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestire
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- Brown the ground beef and onion. Drain grease.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add soup, milk, garlic, Worcestire, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Allow to cook for about 5 more minutes.
- While mixture is cooking, slice the top of the bread off of your French load and dig out the center of the bottom. I also removed some bread from the top.
- Stir in ½ cup of cheese to beef mixture. Pour mixture into bread.
- Top mixture with cheese and place top of bread back on.
- Cover top of bread with cheese and place in the oven for 10-15 min or until cheese is golden.
Pictures of my process. I still suck at remembering this 😆
Browned meat, drained and added garlic. (Also noting how I hope we get a new pan set for our wedding #fingerscrossed)