Alright folks. I finally broke out my kitchen aid!
What better way to use it than for a recipe I’ve been making/eating since I can remember.
The best part about this one is you can freeze some for later 🙂
What you need:
- ½ lb pork sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 package frozen spinach (thawed)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 – 15 oz. containers ricotta cheese
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 20 uncooked lasagna noodles.
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella.
- Cook lasagna noodles al dente style. Drain water.
- Cook beef,sausage, garlic and onion in skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain grease.
- In a bowl ( I used my kitchen aid) mix ricotta, spinach, basil and egg.
- Add meat mixture to spinach/cheese mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lay noodles out flat. Spoon mixture onto the middle of each noodle. Make sure you leave about one inch at the end and then roll the noodle up.
- Pour half of the marinara sauce in the bottom of a 13×9 glass baking dish.
- Place lasagna rolls into the dish with the seam facing down.
- Pour remaining marinara over noodles and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with foil and place in oven for 35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
So yummy! And pretty easy 🙂 if you want to save some for later just put the rolls into a sealed bag or Tupperware container and leave in the freezer until you’re ready for them.
You will need to let them thaw for at least 8 hours in a refrigerator. Then just follow steps 7-11. Keeps for up to 3 months.
Here are some pictures of my process.
Meat onion and garlic in the skillet
Spoon onto noodles
Roll up the noodles
I forgot pics for the last few steps but here it was out of the oven. I like to broil it for a few minutes to get the cheese a bit crispy 😆