It’s super easy and if you do no fries, carb free 😜
What you need:
- 4 green bell peppers
- 1 lb roast beef
- 1 can mushrooms
- ½ small white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- Provolone cheese
- Cut the top of each bell pepper, remove seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 400 and grease a glass pan.
- Put your peppers in the pan and place one slice of provolone at the bottom of each pepper.
- Dice up your onion and garlic. Put them in a skillet over medium for about 5-7 minutes.
- Slice roast beef and add to pan along with mushrooms and Worcestershire.
- Mix and allow ingredients to cook in skillet for approximately 10- 15 minutes.
- Scoop the roast beef mixture into your peppers. Top each one off with a slice of cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
Now for the fries. These are super super easy. I always keep a bag of potatoes around for this purpose. They make a easy and versatile side.
They are nothing special but I had our friend Zach over. He is definitely the pickiest eater I’ve ever encountered and he was raving over them.
What you need:
- 5 Idaho potatoes
- Garlic salt
- Lawrys Seasoning
- Olive oil
- Wash and scrub potatoes.
- Line a baking sheet with foil (this will make clean up way easier)
- Slice potatoes into about ½ inch thick strips.
- Put slices into a medium bowl along with about 2 table spoons of olive oil. Mix until all potatoes are coated.
- Add in 3 table spoons of Lawrys and 2 table spoons of garlic salt.
- Mix until evenly covered.
- Place potatoes on the baking sheet. (You may want to grease the foil also) Bake for 30 minutes at 400.
- Remove from oven, flip potatoes and place back in oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve.
You can always play around with the flavors. Sometimes I add Cajun seasoning or Parmesan depending on the entree. It’s hard to go wrong.