First of all, I did not create this chicken recipe. I changed some of the amounts of ingredients used because we had more chicken that needed cooked and I used some of the ingredients elsewhere in this meal.
I found the recipe on Pinterest at this link. Feel free to use her blog for a more detailed version of the recipe.
I forgot to take pictures for mine until half way through the process 😑. – I am new to this.
This is a VERY easy recipe and ended up being one of Marks favorites.
As you can see, I paired the Crispy Cheddar Chicken with some French style green beans (I’ll provide you that recipe too), mashed potatoes, biscuits and the exquisite Velveeta shells and cheese.
Crispy Cheddar Chicken
Total time: 50 minutes
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup milk
- 2 sleeves Ritz Crackers
- 2 cups shredded cheddar (or whatever you prefer. I encourage you to get creative here. You can’t go wrong with cheese)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
You will need cooking spray, tinfoil and a 9×13 inch glass baking pan.
1.Preheat oven to 400.
2.Crush your crackers!I did it by hand but if you’re lucky enough to have a food processor then that’s the way to go.
3.Spray a 9×13 glass baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
4. Pour milk, crackers and shredded cheddar each into individual bowls. Add some salt and pepper to your crushed crackers for more flavor.
5 . Cut your chicken breast into 3 even sized pieces.
6. Now you need to coat your chicken. First dip the chicken in the Milk. Next you will need to put the chicken in the shredded cheese. The cheese probably won’t stick. Don’t worry. Just try to press the cheese into the chicken. Next you need to dunk the chicken into the bowl of crackers. The crackers should stick much better to the chicken.
– by the end your cracker bowl will be filled with cheese. Don’t worry. Once it’s in the oven it melts to the chicken and all is good.
7. Place the chicken in the baking pan and sprinkle on the dried parsley. Cover with foil and put into the oven for 35 minutes.
8. Remove the foil and return to baking for 10 minutes or until the edges of chicken are golden brown.
9. Place sour cream, soup and butter into a small sauce pan and stir over medium heat until sauces is hot.
10.Take the chicken out of the oven and pour sauce over before serving.
Here is a picture of what it looked like before I put it in the oven.
Don’t worry if it doesn’t look completely covered. I promise it will turn out delicious.
This is also a good make ahead recipe for busy lifestyles. Just wrap the chicken up once it’s coated and put it into the freezer. Take it out, cover with foil and bake when you’re ready.
Now for green beans. I know a lot of people don’t like green beans. Have you ever tried them in chicken broth?
I still remember the first time I did. I was at my aunt and uncles house and I couldn’t stop eating them. I was literally slurping them off my plate. I remember them looking at me like…what is this girl? Lol. I was anti green bean until that evening.
So I don’t always use canned or box sides but I did this time since I’m still recovering.
French Style Green Beans
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 can French style green beans
- 1 chicken boullion cube
1. Pour can of green beans into medium sauce pan.
2. Place pan on oven over medium heat.
3. Drop in your boullion cube.
4. Stir every few minutes. Your just trying to make sure the beans heat up and the boullion dose ingrates.
5. Add about a teaspoon of both salt and pepper.
6. The step that made them the best. Take a spoonful of the sauce from the chicken recipe above and stir into beans.
I hope you love them.
Please let me know what you think and if you made any changes to these recipes that you enjoyed.
Until next time, I promise to get better at this picture thing.